We spend every day performing emergency medicine and through our training, technology and compassion we help our clients and their owners. Our ultimate mission is to help animals and their owners spend less time being hurt, sick, or injured and more time living. We need your help as a Veterinary Assistant to do this.
We are looking for some great people who love helping our patients and clients. You should enjoy not only working with sick or injured animals but making complicated situations simple, painless and have a passion for wanting to learn about veterinary medicine.
You’ll be responsible for providing unprecedented customer service for Artemis Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Services (VESS) clients and patients. You will do a lot of on the job training, learning on your own and taking tests to ensure you not only understand but can perform hands on in any emergency situation. In addition, you may be expected to handle minor incidents with minor oversight, however, 90% of your work will be working directly with a Technician and/or Doctor. You’ll work rotating scheduled shifts with the expectation of being on time, all the time, and be flexible to be available as needed. After all, this is a 24/7 Emergency Hospital.
You’ll be expected to learn how to use our computer systems, clean to our stringent standards and once you’re fully up to speed (2-3 months or thereabouts) do it on your own with little oversight. At times there is a significant amount of patients that are dying, injured, sick or just not doing right, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of load – you’ll get all the love and help you need along the way!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Understanding and performing basic husbandry
- Assist in patient care under the direction of a Technician
- Maintain hospital cleanliness, which includes cleaning cages, mopping floors, washing windows, and making sure the ER Department is always ready for the next emergency
- Assist in performing in-house diagnostics.
- Troubleshoot and report problems as they arise.
- While work is performed under supervision there is latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment to make suggestions.
- Participate in training, drills, and constant learning.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 1 to 2 years of direct veterinary experience in either a Veterinary Hospital or Clinic.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic software knowledge, strong Web navigational experience, and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Must be able to efficiently manage multiple activities and tasks at the same time.
- Display passion for and responsibility to our customer.
- Display leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- A strong drive to complete tasks.
- Display personal and corporate integrity.
What’s In It For You
- Medical benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in Veterinary care, specifically Emergency Medicine.
- Why you want to work at Artemis and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
About Artemis VESS Artemis VESS is a dynamic, growing, and fast-paced organization. Our employees thrive in situations that require flexibility, adaptability, and speed. Successful employees are willing to collaborate with other team members, able to work against tight deadlines, and excited to test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We’re motivators, go-getters, and we’re constantly seeking out ways to improve our processes, our patient’s lives, and ourselves.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com